Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gps Topo Software Using GPS Units From USA Abroad?

Using GPS Units from USA abroad? - gps topo software

I live in South Korea right now, and I'm an avid runner and a road bike route. Not many cards you here to use me. Well at least I did not find really good, like National Geographic Topo. Then I thought about buying a GPS from the house and sent here. However, I do not think whether it will work? Not sure about the allocation of software for the cards from places outside the U.S. Can I get a GPS in the U.S. and use in South Korea? If so, where can I find the mapping software to work with this device? Even then, if someone know buying a GPS for my purposes in Korea?

Thank you,

M

5 comments:

fed up with stupid questions said...

You can use a handheld GPS in the world, if you use any of the difficulties in obtaining a solution, try the function priceminister or enter the latitude and longitude.
Garmin for me is the easiest to use, and maybe even with graphics in it for 300usd, and could offer the e-graph of Korea, I'm sure.

prakunna said...

Try the links http://www.hot8sites.com/gps/

prakunna said...

Try the links http://www.hot8sites.com/gps/

megaphor... said...

Garmin offers the largest selection of maps available and the cards are the third most Garmin, because it is the most respected manufacturers in the business with GPS. You said you're a driver on the track and road cyclists, so I really do not topographic maps or turn guidelines for these activities. I am looking to purchase a Garmin Forerunner or possibly a precursor. These are the watches made by Garmin, with the heart rate, bike computers, or even be able to interact with a pedometer (if you want into the distance, where they blocked the satilites) to pursue. I would buy in the United States and the import would be the way forward, because it is expected that it is extremely difficult to buy in South Korea.

ghost said...

www.garmin.com test the site that have a wide range of GPS and what they do - try www.thegpsstore.com
Doug

Post a Comment